Applications are invited for 40 UNESCO/POLAND Co-Sponsored Research Fellowships for applicants from Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean. Fellowships will be given to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
The fellowships are offered with a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland.
Course Level: These fellowships will be given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
Number of Awards: Forty (40) fellowships of six (6) months duration each, in Poland.
Scholarship Award: Facilities offered by Polish Authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations. Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus organised for fellows by the UNESCO AGH Chair.
- Monthly allowance of 1600 PLN (1 USD = approximately 4,0 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
Scholarship can be taken in Poland
- Hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees;
- Be proficient in reading and writing English;
- Be a member of Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Nationality: Students from Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean can apply for these UNESCO fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Deadline: Deadline for submission of applications should be on or before April 14, 2017 at the latest with advance copy by email.