Scholarships for people 30 and older are awarded to stand-out advocates over the age of 30 who have proven their commitment to advancing the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women in their community and around the world. This opportunity includes:
- A scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference on 16-19 May 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- A chance to connect with a wide range of policymakers, donors, activists, and journalists from the highest levels to the grassroots to review progress, discuss challenges, and push for new and ambitious commitments toward improving the lives of girls and women.
Women Deliver believes that when the world invests in girls and women, everybody wins.
As a leading, global advocate for girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, Women Deliver brings together diverse voices and interests to drive progress in maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights. We build capacity, share solutions, and forge partnerships, together creating coalitions, communication, and action that spark political commitment and investment in girls and women.
A full scholarship to the Women Deliver 2016 Conference will include:
- Conference registration
- Roundtrip economy class airline travel between your home airport and Copenhagan, Denmark, which will be arranged by Women Deliver’s travel provider
- Reimbursement of the cost to acquire a new visa as required to enter Denmark (In order to obtain reimbursement, you will be required to present a receipt at the conference. Women Deliver will not pay any fees associated with obtaining new passports or renewing expired passports.)
- $50 for ground transportation to and from the airport within your home country and round trip ground transportation between the Copenhagan airport and your hotel (arrangements will be made by Women Deliver and will require the use of mass transportation)
- Overnight accommodations at a hotel selected by Women Deliver in Copenhagan for the duration of the conference
- $50 per diem, per night stayed at the hotel to attend the conference (per diems will not include any extended stays)
Please note that a passport and visa may be needed to enter Denmark. Women Deliver will cover the costs of obtaining the visa and provide supporting documentation, if needed.