Use your edX course experience and AWS to grow and quickly scale your business
Starting a company? Looking to scale a business? Want access to a global network of support and entrepreneurs?
Amazon Web Services provides businesses with low cost, easy to use infrastructure needed to scale and grow.
AWS Activate is designed to provide you the resources needed to get started on AWS. Join some of the fastest-growing startups in the world and build your business using AWS.
What do I get?
- $1,000 in AWS credits valid for 2 years
- Free access to the AWS Essentials: 1 day web-based or instructor-led training (normally ~$600/course), plus 8 tokens for self-paced labs (normally ~$30/lab)
- One month of premium AWS Business Support
- Free access to 1:1 virtual office hours with AWS solutions architects
- Special offers from other companies that help startups, including Chef, Bitnami, Amazon Payments, SOASTA, Podio, CopperEgg and more
Am I Eligible?
- Enroll in the verified track in Entrepreneurship 101 or Entrepreneurship 102
- Receive a passing grade in the course.
- The AWS offer is limited to one per person.
How does it work?
- When you pass either Entrepreneurship 101 or 102 as a Verified student you will receive an email with a code that you can use on the AWS site.
- Step 1: Sign up at AWS with the coupon code provided
- Step 2: Fill out the form edX will email you with your student email address, name and AWS Account #
- In approximately 3 weeks, AWS will confirm your eligibility and grant you access to your AWS credit
If I already took 15.390.1x for a verified certificate, can I get $1,000 of credit on AWS?
- We encourage you to enroll in 15.390.2x Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customers? in the verified track to be eligible for the $1,000 credit. We are not retroactively allowing eligibility.
If we have a team account for AWS, how could we apply the $1,000 credit to a team account?
- When you apply on AWS make sure to use your team’s Account #. Whatever Account # you provide to edX is the one that will be associated with the credit.
Can I transfer the $1,000 AWS to a teammate on a startup?
- Unfortunately no. The credit is associated to the individual who completed the Verified Certificate in the Entrepreneurship course.
AWS has set up AWS China (Beijing) Region to improve accessibility in China. If I get an edX certificate for 15.390.1x or 15.390.2x, can I apply it to AWS China (Beijing) Region?
- Contact AWS for details about China. More can be found on their FAQ page.
If I take the course on Edraak or Xuetang and get a verified certificate, can I get the $1,000 AWS credit?
- The credit is only available to those who take the course on edx.org.